Thursday, October 14, 2010

Latino Book and Family Festival




Just a quick recap of the Latino Book and Family Festival. This was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. I actually went a day early and attended a few panel discussions. I bought popcorn and watched the dancers on stage. I walked the booths and chatted with friends I haven't seen in a long time. And best of all, was able to meet many many readers who have read my Lara Rios books. Loved meeting you all!

I won't spend too much time going over details because La Bloga has done such an amazing job already that I don't need to. Visit their site to check it out: http://labloga.blogspot.com/2010/10/fotos-ese-lbff-on-line-floricanto.html


If you were unable to make the LBFF, please join me on Satuday, October 16 at 11am at the Frugal Frigate in Redlands, CA.
OR

On October 18th at 6pm at the Highland library I'll be speaking about book publishing and sharing my experiences as a Latina author.

Lilian de la Torre-Jimenez, award-winning journalist and publisher of Boda Magazine and Mujer Empresaria, the first Spanish digital magazine for Latina entrepreneurs will discuss her journey of delivering news for Latinos via print media and what it takes to become a journalist for major newspapers and magazines.


When: October 18, 2010
Where: Highland Sam J. Racadio Library
& Environmental Learning Center
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm

Have a great weekend!! Hope to see you!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment