Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Crazies!

The Christmas crazies have officially taken over my life and so I'm behind on my Grand Central author web tour. I'm thinking that others also are probably super busy doing last minute shopping, entertaining family or traveling to visit family, so I'm going to push back the tour a bit. We'll visit Jennifer Haymore on December 22nd, then take a break until December 26th.

In the mean time, I'll share a bit about a Tamalada I had the pleasure of attending on Saturday. What a fun day!! The organization MANA has a Tamalada every year to raise money to help young girls. People that want to learn how to make tamales are guided through the process and at the end of the day, they leave with a dozen tamales to take home and cook for their family. It's a fun, social event. And circling the room are vendors who sell a variety of crafts and goodies to again raise money for the "hermanita" program. If you live close to Orange County, Ca., plan on attending next year. You'll love it!

I'll post better pictures when I get home after Christmas. I borrowed this one from facebook : )

See you all tomorrow when we'll visit Jennifer Haymore!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment